Title Agents E&O Insurance
Real estate has become a big business and opportunities for lawsuits have risen as well. Regardless of fault, you may find yourself in a precarious situation to defend your business from a lawsuit that may be legitimate, or groundless in nature. If you work in the real estate titling business, you need a professional liability insurance policy to protect you from this litigation.
Professional Liability Insurance for Title Agents can cover:
- Title Agents
- Escrow Agents
E&O insurance for Title Agents can cover losses from:
- Inaccuracies in Documentation
- As part of your duties, your job is to document a transaction clearly and precisely. Failure to do so may result in a lawsuit.
- Breach of Contract
- If you don’t complete the job duties you’re hired for on time you could be sued.
- Failure to Collect Funds
- As an escrow agent, you’re responsible for transferring thousands of dollars. If those funds are misallocated from their intended purpose, you may be held liable.
It is important to understand that your E&O Professional Liability Insurance Policy for your Title Agency can protect you from lawsuits that are justified and those that are not. Just because you’re confident that you didn’t have any wrongdoing, doesn’t omit you from being susceptible to a frivolous lawsuit.
Other insurance options are available for Title Agents that will not fall under the umbrella of Professional Liability Insurance. Those can include:
- Commercial Umbrella Insurance – Above and beyond insurance protection for your business.
- Commercial Auto Insurance – Insurance to cover your vehicle while you’re using it for business-related
- Commercial Property Insurance – Insure your business property with a policy designed for your physical building.
- General Liability Insurance – protection for your business from a variety of claims including bodily injury, medical payments and more.
Trust Hirsch Insurance Brokerage in Houston, TX to find you the right insurance for your Title Agency. As an independent insurance agency, Hirsh Insurance Brokerage partners with the top-rated insurance carriers in Texas to find you just the right insurance coverage for your business. We will work to find you the right coverage and pricing for your specific situation.