(E&O) Professional Liability for Building Inspectors
Building and Home inspectors, regardless of seasoned or new to the profession need an insurance policy that can protect them from risks their job poses that expose them to lawsuit. Your job of evaluating a buildings structure, plumbing and electrical systems and overall condition of a home including product recalls. You assist buyers and property sellers with decisions on making large financial transaction. It is imperative that you protect yourself with a Professional Liability Insurance Policy for Building Inspectors, also known as E&O insurance.
Errors and Omissions Insurance for Building or Home Inspectors can protect you from:
- Claims for negligence
- Breach of contract
- Failure to recommend proper repairs or findings
- Claims that question your expertise of your building inspection
Here are some examples in which your Professional Liability Policy may protect you:
- You fail to identify a major structural defect in the foundation of a home that compromises the integrity of the home. Because your client now has a major financial loss to deal with, they look to you for compensation.
- You fail to identify the siding on a building as a recalled product that is susceptible to mold and deterioration. When the siding fails, your client questions your expertise and opens a claim against you for failing to identify this widely known recalled siding.
Building inspectors need additional insurance coverage besides just a professional liability insurance policy. These policies can include:
- General Liability Insurance
- Workers Compensation Insurance
- Commercial Auto Insurance
- Commercial Umbrella Insurance
Hirsch Insurance Brokerage in Houston Texas can help you find the right insurance for your building or home inspection business. In fact, we specialize in offering business insurance solutions that include professional liability and other lines of commercial insurance products. Because we are an independent insurance agent, we can shop and access a variety of top rated insurance companies to find you the right insurance for your situation.